Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:22:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
BRITISH COLUMBIA CLASSIC MOTORCYCLE CLUB
19484 Posts in 445 Topics by 475 Members
Latest Member: tkoven
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+ 
|-+  Kamloops Area
| |-+  The place to go to plan rides in the 'loops.
| | |-+  Highway 8
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Highway 8  (Read 384 times)
hardrockminer
BCCMC Star (5K)

« on: June 23, 2024, 03:45:00 AM »

We rode Hwy 8 from Merrtt to Spences Brdge for the first time since it washed out.  It's been open for quite a while but tales of gravel have put us off.  But today we went because we had heard it was all paved.  The Merritt end is good because it's mostly up high enough to have not been washed out.  But the final 20 km into Spences Bridge runs along the edge of the river and was basically destroyed.  And no...it's not yet paved except for the bits that didn't get washed out.  But the gravel is good hard packed and dust suppressed, so we are glad we took the chance despite having to ride on gravel.  You can see in spots how high the river reached up the old river bank.  It must have been quite the flood!  And in some bits the new road is actually lower than the old one, so it's exposed to any future floods. 

Past rides include a 1973 Suzuki GT380 & a 1975 Kawasaki Z1B

I currently ride a 1975 Kawasaki Z1B - Classic Plated
I also ride a 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 LTD - Classic Plated, and a 2006 Honda Goldwing with a Daytona 2+2 sidecar

My Sweetums rides a 2019 Suzuki DR650
rz5mark
1000 Class

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2024, 06:50:20 AM »

According to the TNRD director the road will be as it was before when fully repaired/replaced at a higher elevation it won't cross over where the gravel is.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: